Steps to PEACE with God
It is important to know that God loves you and that you matter to Him very much. He made us and wants to have a relationship with us. (John 10:10)
However, we have rebelled against God, choosing to go our own direction instead of His. This rebellion is called sin, which separates us from God and breaks off our relationship with Him. (Isaiah 53:6; Isaiah 59:2)
Most of us are aware of our distance from God. To try to compensate for this, we do things like being a good person, paying our taxes, working hard, being religious, giving to charities - all in order to get back to God. But it doesn't work. There is nothing wrong with these things, but they fall short of earning God's forgiveness or reestablishing our relationship with Him. (Romans 3:23)
Furthermore, God must deal with our rebellion. The Bible tells us that the wages of our sin is death. This death is not just a physical death. Even more it is a spiritual separation from God for all eternity. This state of eternal hopelessness is what the Bible refers to as hell. (Romans 6:23a; Proverbs 14:12)
That's a pretty bleak picture. But the good news is that God loves us so much that He did for us what we could not do for ourselves. He provided a bridge back to a relationship with Himself, to His forgiveness, and to His love.
He did this by coming to us in the person of Jesus Christ, dying on the cross to pay our death penalty, and rising from the dead so that we can have life in Him. (John 3:16; Colossians 1:19-20; 1 Timothy 2:5)
This is God's good news for us. But it is not enough just to know this or even agree with it. We have to act on it. We have to cross the bridge. We do this by humbly admitting to God that we have rebelled against Him, and that we need Christ's forgiveness and leadership in our life. With our sin forgiven, our relationship with God is reconciled and we are firmly established as part of His forever family. (Colossians 1:21-22; John 1:12)
Would you like to cross the bridge and have peace with God?
* Pray right now, admitting in your own words that you have rebelled against God and have gone your own direction. Ask Jesus in your own words to forgive your sin and to be the leader of your life.
* If you meant that prayer, then your sin has already been forgiven and you have become a child of God... a part of His family forever! You are at Peace with God and all the angels in heaven are rejoicing for you! What Now?
* Tell someone about the decision you made.
* Be baptized to publicly identify your faith in Christ.
* Find a church home, where you can grow in your new relationship with Christ along with other Christians.
* Let us know so we can help you grow in your newfound faith.
Email us at decision@WCOUS.org.